Glenn Edward Pierce, 68, of Niota passed away Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at Sweetwater Hospital. A native of Plymouth, N.C., he was raised in Athens, was a former resident of Sevierville, and was a current resident of Niota for the past 15 years. He was a son of the late Garland E. “Jack” and Gwendolyn “Gwen” Hurley Pierce. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Marilyn Lee Pierce; one daughter, Wendy Burchfiel of Hilton Head, S.C.; one son and daughter-in-law, Greg and Stephanie Pierce of Seymour; six grandchildren, Austin Burchfiel and wife, Sarah, Kristin Burchfiel, Layla Pierce, Wyatt Pierce, Clara Grace Pierce and Nickle Anglin; great-granddaughter, Scarlett Burchfiel; father-in-law, L.S. Lee; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Mark and Patty Lee of Ooltewah; and brother and sister-in-law, Gary and Teresa Pierce and family of Atlanta, Ga. The family is having a private graveside service. There will be no formal visitation. Those unable to attend may send condolences at www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Glenn-Pierce Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home of Athens is in charge of arrangements.
- Union members represent 4.6 percent of workforce in Tennessee
- 'Tiffany's security removed it from my neck!' Gaga stopped after leaving Oscars with priceless jewels
- Woody Allen: 'It's fashionable to disown me'
- 'I'd run out screaming if someone sneezed': Amy Schumer on returning to stand-up
- Bill Nighy 'ended up begging on the streets' when writing career failed
- Mel C: Spice Girls could not have coped with Twitter trolls
- Packers coach Matt LaFleur won’t miss the NFL’s foolhardy pass-interference reviews
- NFL owners punt on 4th-and-15 alternative to onside kick