Jessy Thompson, 31, of Athens passed away Saturday, May 16, 2020. A native of Jacksonville, Fla., and a resident of McMinn County most of her life, she was preceded in death by her Papaw, James Thompson. She is survived by her parents, Constance Thompson of Athens, and Raymond Webb of Riceville; two sons, Greyson Galyon of Athens, and Julian Thompson of Nebraska; one brother, Zachary Thompson of Athens; two sisters and brother-in-law, Amanda Webb of Riceville, and Brooklyn and Hunter Sisson of Athens; and a host of family and friends who loved her dearly. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in memory of Jessy Thompson, c/o Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home, P.O. Box 428, Athens, TN 37371 (423-745-5361). Condolences may be sent at www.laycockhobbs.com/notices/Jessy-Thompson Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home of Athens is in charge of arrangements.
- Duchess Meghan 'deluged' with movie offers
- Anna Camp hints at Pitch Perfect 4
- The fabric of our lives: Old T-shirts stitch together memories from the 'glory days'
- As Huskers, Big Ten teams return to campus, Nebraska doctor at forefront of navigating 'tremendous' unknown
- Reese Witherspoon moved to LA to escape 'conservative' hometown
- Police reports for Friday, June 5, 2020
- Members of community gather in protest of George Floyd killing
- White hired as TWU bowling coach
- Green flag drops at I-75 Raceway
- In wake of national protests, riots, Athens to hold community event
- Sandra Daugherty Blankenship
- Cedric C. Sharp Sr.
- Dr. Thomas W. Williams
- Coronavirus shutdowns lead to major unemployment increases locally
- Melinda Gail Denton
- Courtney “Cork Cork” Danielle Partin
- Mullinax established winning culture at McMinn County