Etowah fire causes ‘total loss’

Englewood Rural Fire and Etowah Rural Fire departments had a busy night Friday with four medical calls, one carbon monoxide alarm call and then, around 2 a.m. Saturday, Etowah City Fire Department requested mutual aid for a fire with an outbuilding and a garage which contained a vehicle. Both buildings and the contents were a total loss, along with damage to the nearby residence on Johnson Street in Etowah. Etowah City Fire Captains Nathan Coe and Craig Hicks were in command of the scene.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.