Richard Elmer Ammons, 79, a lifelong resident of Englewood, passed away on Sunday evening, Jan. 19, 2020, at a Chattanooga hospital. He was born in Englewood on Aug. 6, 1940, a son of the late John L. and Nellie Ammons. Richard was an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Air Force after faithfully serving his country. He was retired from the Oak Ridge National Security Complex. Richard enjoyed hunting, fishing and spending time with his family in his spare time. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers, James R. Ammons and David Ammons. Richard leaves behind to cherish his memory his loving wife of 56 years, Carolyn Smith Ammons; two sons, Stacy Ammons and his wife, Vondaleigh, and John E. Ammons; one sister, Judy Stiles; three grandchildren, Jessica Millard (Taylor), Jonathan Ammons and Nickolas Ammons; one great-grandson, Branson Millard; numerous other extended family members and a host of special friends. In honor of his wishes, there will be no formal services. Share a memory of Richard and/or your personal condolences with his family by visiting his memorial web page and guest book at www.companionfunerals.com Companion Funeral Home of Athens is honored to assist his family with these arrangements.
- Worldwide Wesleyan event to be held today at 3 p.m.
- Chargers eliminate Tigers
- Lady Bulldogs down Bluefield, end skid; Bulldogs' winning streak ends
- Adaptive Reuse: U-Haul Reveals Plans for Former Kmart in Bristol
- Tennessee public schools rank 32nd in national study
- Mizzou beat writer Dave Matter takes football, basketball and NCAA questions in his weekly chat
- Committee deals blow to Second Amendment ‘sanctuary county’ resolution
- Kendall Jenner: I feel powerful in high heels
- Hackney announces run for Meigs property assessor
- District tournament scenarios still sorting out
- Celia Verniece Hill Black
- Two local men arrested on federal drug charges
- Michael Green
- Jesse Hamilton "Jess" Guinn Jr.
- Heather Michelle Weber
- Englewood Lady Rams win TMSAA state championship, cap perfect season
- Donna Sue Riggins
- Phillip Lee Poore
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Mileage: 260,000
- Mileage: 89,989