Blanche Hutsell Landers, 91, of Athens, passed away Wednesday, July 24, 2019, at her residence. A native and lifelong resident of Athens, she was the daughter of the late William Clyde and Sarah Hackler Hutsell. She was a Proverbs 31 type of women and was always showing what it meant to have a servant’s heart. She served tirelessly in the kitchen at every Eastanallee function for the past 45 years. She gave generously of herself, her time, and her money. The most important thing to her on earth was her family and loving her grandchildren. For many years, her house was open for dinner every Sunday afternoon for her family and friends. She was a member of Eastanallee Baptist Church and was preceded in death by her husband, Steve Gordon Buck Landers (Nov 13, 1990); father-in-law, James Thomas Landers; mother-in-law, Iliff Shadden Landers; brothers, John Thomas Hutsell, Bennett Hutsell, Charles Hutsell, Joe Hutsell, and Don Hutsell; sister, Carolyn Elliott; great-grandson, Cole Puryear; brother-in-law, Arthur Landers; and sisters-in-law, Callie Barnett and Nina Jack. Survivors include three sons and daughters-in-law, Steve and Sherry Landers, Gary and Connie Landers and Terry and Peggy Landers, all of Riceville; three daughters and sons-in-law, Sharon and Richard Brogan of Riceville, Kathy and Dr. Mike Frazier of Riceville, and Lisa and Jim McEvoy of Athens; grandchildren, Paige Bennett, Jill Moore, Brad Landers, Kelly Hockman, Beth Rollo, Matthew Landers, Jeremy Landers, Eric Axley, Cayci Farmer, Heath Frazier, Ryne Frazier, Justin Frazier, Leah Hicks, Haley Lashley, Monica West and Jacob Kennedy; 38 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; one brother and sister-in-law, Roy and Jennifer Hutsell of Athens; two sisters and one brother-in-law, Betsy and Cecil Elliott of Athens, and Winona Axley of Athens. Funeral services will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, July 26, at Eastanallee Baptist Church with Dr. Mike Frazier, Heath Frazier and Dr. Richard Sego officiating. The graveside service will be at 11 a.m. on Saturday, July 27, at Eastanallee Cemetery. The pallbearers will be grandsons, Brad Landers, Eric Axley, Matthew Landers, Jeremy Landers, Heath Frazier, Ryne Frazier, Justin Frazier and Jacob Kennedy. The family will receive friends from 2 to 7 p.m. Friday at the church before the service. The family would like thank Amber Derrick Stiner for her above and beyond service to the family. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Eastanallee Baptist Church Building Fund and Hospice of Chattanooga. Those unable to attend may send condolences at www.laycock-hobbs.com/notices/Blanche-Landers Laycock-Hobbs Funeral Home of Athens is in charge of arrangements.
- Kobe Bryant's older sister gets touching tattoo tribute
- Jon Bon Jovi plans to call Prince Harry 'The Artist Formerly Known as Prince'
- In ex-Husker’s case, court fight begins over whether accuser made it clear she didn’t consent to sex
- Dove Cameron joins Isaac cast
- Steven Spielberg won't direct Indiana Jones 5
- Former Arizona Wildcats linebacker Sterling Lewis dies at 32 from valley fever
- Brandon Jenner's mum confirms twins birth
- Liam Payne still happy with Maya Henry
- One death in Highway 30 wreck Wednesday
- Glenda Louise Coe Fugate
- Donna Sue Riggins
- Armstrong suspended pending assault investigation
- Man Born With No Arms or Legs Has More Heart Than All of Us!
- Jesse Hamilton "Jess" Guinn Jr.
- Police reports for Friday, Feb. 21, 2020
- David E. 'Eddie' Harrill
- Wanda “Faye” Davis
- Investigation underway regarding possible homicide