Helen Earlene McKenzie, 88, of Decatur, passed away Saturday, June 1, 2019, at Life Care Center of Athens. She was of the Baptist faith and worked as an LPN. She was preceded in death by her parents, Ellis Smith and Eva Higgins Smith; her husband, the Rev. James F. McKenzie; daughter, Sharen Wade; two brothers, Bobby Smith and Allen Smith; and sister, Sybil Alkemea. Survivors include son, James B. “Ben” and Valerie Mckenzie of Decatur; two brothers, Melvin and Nikki Smith and William and Juanita Smith, all of California; five grandchildren, Jamey, Joahua, Mereka, Tara and Laura; and nine great-grandchildren, Kylee, Spartan, Blake, Hunter, Raven, Morgan, Callie, Cas and Brian. There are no formal services at this time. Bowers Funeral Home of Decatur is honored to serve the McKenzie family. Go to www.bowersfh.com to sign the guest book and offer your condolences.
- Round two of AUB smoke testing set to begin today
- Issa Rae working on Set It Off remake
- Sam Claflin looking for distraction
- Billie Piper 'worried' about having a daughter
- Aaron Carter's guns can't be taken off him
- Jon Hamm and Lindsay Shookus dating?
- Mickey Rourke reveals 30-year Robert De Niro feud
- BenFred's 5: Scherzer scary good in STL, La Russa wants to keep working, Tarasenko feared trade
- Derrick Davis not downplaying return to Polk County when Chargers visit
- William Randy Irons
- Investigation leads to arrests for meth for resale, cash
- Former Athens resident to recount his 'inspirational' story
- Bicentennial History: Niota features the oldest depot in the state
- Ralph Taylor Benson
- Police reports for Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019
- Jackie Allen 'Jack' Webb Sr.
- Mitchell Shope
- Gem Theater to host Bob Seger tribute
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- Mileage: 3,000
- Mileage: 29,214