James “Jimmy” R. Williams entered into eternal rest on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020, at a health care facility in Cleveland. He fought a courageous battle with multiple health issues. He was born on Oct. 6, 1943 to the late Roger (Helen) Williams in Etowah. He was preceded in death also by his grandparents and sister, Shirley Williams. James was a 1962 graduate of J.L Cook High School, where he graduated as valedictorian of his class. After graduating from J.L. Cook High School, he attended Tennessee State University for three years, majoring in chemistry, before being drafted into the United States Air Force at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. James was a member of Star Bethel Baptist Church, where he sang in the choir and attended Bible study. He leaves to cherish his memory his loving and devoted son, Courtney (Jennifer) Williams of Atlanta, Ga.; brother, Anthony Williams of Atlanta, Ga.; two nephews, Chris and Carlos; niece, Tamara; cousins, Adella Kincaid of Etowah, Bobby Kincaid of Cleveland, Robert Cobb of Etowah, and Billie Kincaid of Madisonville; grandchildren, Devontay Myles of Dunn, N.C., and Eric Stanley of Atlanta, Ga.; four great-grandchildren, Peyton, London, Marleigh and Jeremiah; special family friend, Brenda Williams of Maryville; and many other relatives and friends. Memorial services will be held on Saturday, Jan. 18, at 1 p.m. in the chapel of M.D. Dotson & Sons Funeral Home with the Rev. James Parrish delivering the eulogy. Services of loving memory entrusted to M.D. Dotson & Sons Funeral Home & Cremation Service of Athens.
- Roberts named as Etowah chamber keynote speaker
- Lady Bulldogs oust Montreat, advance to AAC quarterfinals
- Allegedly attempting to get into people's homes leads to arrest
- Local teams face elimination games
- Lady Bulldogs earn AAC win
- Lee proposes constitutional carry legislation
- Kendall Jenner wants to be Beyoncé's personal assistant
- Kim Kardashian West's daughter Chicago loves 'doggies'
- One death in Highway 30 wreck Wednesday
- Glenda Louise Coe Fugate
- Donna Sue Riggins
- Armstrong suspended pending assault investigation
- Man Born With No Arms or Legs Has More Heart Than All of Us!
- Jesse Hamilton "Jess" Guinn Jr.
- Investigation underway regarding possible homicide
- Police reports for Friday, Feb. 21, 2020
- Wanda “Faye” Davis
- David E. 'Eddie' Harrill