Benny Wesley Wiseman, 71, of Athens, passed away Friday morning, Nov. 15, 2019, at Sweetwater Nursing Center. A native of Madisonville and a longtime resident of McMinn County, he was the son of the late Hubert and Stella Walker Wiseman and was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters. He was a tobacco farmer. Survivors include his wife, Wilma Sue Carmley Wiseman of Athens; one son and daughter-in-law, Corey and Stephanie Carmley of Walhalla, S.C.; two grandchildren, McKenzie and Levi “Bubba”; one sister and brother-in-law, Emma and Elmer Dotson of Madisonville; one sister-in-law, Mary Pritchard of Riceville; and several nieces and nephews. Memorial services will be 4 p.m. Tuesday in the chapel of Ziegler Funeral Home with the Rev. Jimmy Lewis officiating. The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. If you are unable to attend the visitation or service, sign the guest registry at www.zieglerfuneralhome.com Ziegler Funeral Home of Athens has been entrusted with the care of Benny Wesley Wiseman.
- Jumanji: The Next Level producer teases film 'universe'
- Jack Black forgot he starred in Christmas classic The Holiday
- Maren Morris believes she may have conceived son in Hawaii
- Nicole Kidman's second Big Little Lies Golden Globes nomination is 'so important'
- Kevin Hart is 'forever a work in progress'
- Jennifer Lopez wants her daughter to know she doesn't need a man
- Husker Extra Podcast: Husker volleyball preview; a lengthy football recruiting discussion and hoops latest
- BenFred: Read his chat Q-&-A on Cards' concerns, Blues' issues, other STL sports topics
- Excitement level rising in Decatur
- Athens City Schools announces teachers of the year
- Winter trout stocking coming to Athens
- Amanda Kay Sheppard
- Local church offers chance to make homemade gifts for Christmas
- Michael Ray Frye
- Police reports for Monday, Dec. 9, 2019
- Police reports for Friday, Dec. 6, 2019
- McMinn's Hansford earns first All-State honor
- Geneva Leona Goforth Sewell