William Edward Hammons, 73, a lifelong resident of Athens, passed away on Tuesday, July 30, 2019, at his home. He was born in Athens on July 26, 1946, a son of the late Hoyle and Dora Hammons. William was retired from the local Shoney’s restaurant after many years of service. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by four siblings, Lewis Cansler, Hoyle Hammons Jr., Dorothy Snowden and Cathy Wofford. William leaves behind to cherish his memory six siblings and their families, Frank Hammons (Glenda), Doyle Hammons, Gaily Bailey (Alvin), Joann Hurt, Frances Lee Forbes and Marva Jean Bradley; and numerous other extended family members and a host of special friends. The family is planning a memorial service to be announced at a later date. Share a memory of William and/or your personal condolences with his family by visiting his memorial web page and guest book at www.companionfunerals.com Companion Funeral Home of Athens is honored to assist his family with these arrangements.
- Steven M. Sipple: Frost seeks others' opinions in his play-calling role, and welcomes critiques
- Kevin Hart has new perspective on life
- Billie Lourd lands Will and Grace role
- Sarah Hyland marks 'kidneyversary'
- Brad Pitt praises Kanye West
- Frost on the radio: OL Broc Bando can play guard or tackle, will be ready, 'when his number is called'
- My Area Code: Football, swimming and a little time at the beach with Mike Williams in the 386
- Brad Pitt praised by Ad Astra co-star
- Investigation leads to arrests for meth for resale, cash
- Three years in prison after attempted murder charges lessened
- McMinn throttles Madisonville in Week 5
- Royce Douglas “Doug” Fugate
- Bicentennial History: Niota features the oldest depot in the state
- Police reports for Monday, Sept. 16, 2019
- Lady Tigers rally from brink to top Tellico Plains
- Cynthia “Cindy” Darlene Monroe Carter
- Ralph Taylor Benson
- Cherokees outlast Ooltewah, off to first 3-0 start since 2012