Jerry Delane Morgan, 75, of Englewood, departed this life on Saturday, Aug. 3, 2019, at his residence. Born on Feb. 27, 1944 to the late Loyl and Thelma Burger, he had been a native and lifelong resident of McMinn County and was of the Christian faith. Retired from Maytag (now Whirlpool), he was an avid Tennessee fan and enjoyed camping and spending time with his family. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his son, Billy Morgan; and brothers, Ronnie and Larry Morgan. He is survived by his daughter, Sherry Casteel; grandchildren, Chris (Tabitha) Cooley, Chad Cooley, Waylon Morgan, Lexi Casteel, and Billy Ray Morgan; great-grandchildren, Brylee Cooley, Gunner Cooley, Annsley Cooley, and Lake Bledsoe; mother of his children, Linda Morgan; sister, Delois Bass; sister-in-law, Barbara Morgan; and several nieces, nephews, and other extended family also survive. A Celebration of Life and Home Going will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, in the chapel of Serenity Funeral Home with Brother Jackie Crisp officiating. The family will receive friends from 5 p.m. until the time of service on Wednesday. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Sherry Casteel to help defray her father’s final expenses. Send a message of comfort and view the family guest book online at www.serenityfunerals.com Serenity of Etowah Funeral Home & Cremation Services is in charge of arrangements.
- Roberts named as Etowah chamber keynote speaker
- Lady Bulldogs oust Montreat, advance to AAC quarterfinals
- Allegedly attempting to get into people's homes leads to arrest
- Local teams face elimination games
- Lady Bulldogs earn AAC win
- How to watch Wyoming's Logan Wilson go through on-field workouts at the NFL Scouting Combine
- Poll shows Colorado voters favor Sanders in Democratic primary
- David Beckham kept train ticket with Victoria's phone number
- One death in Highway 30 wreck Wednesday
- Glenda Louise Coe Fugate
- Donna Sue Riggins
- Armstrong suspended pending assault investigation
- Man Born With No Arms or Legs Has More Heart Than All of Us!
- Jesse Hamilton "Jess" Guinn Jr.
- Police reports for Friday, Feb. 21, 2020
- Investigation underway regarding possible homicide
- David E. 'Eddie' Harrill
- Wanda “Faye” Davis