Anna Belle Rothwell, 92, of Calhoun, passed away Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020. Born in Decatur to the late George and Sarah Eldridge Denton, Anna and her late husband of 49 years, Charles “Snook” Rothwell, moved to California in 1961. She worked for 22 years as a psychiatric technician for the State of California Developmental Center in Sonoma and Porterville. She was a member of Porterville First Southern Baptist Church of Porterville, Calif. Anna loved her garden and was a great cook. She loved having lots of company or church family to cook for. No one ever left her table hungry. She will be greatly missed. She was preceded in death by her brother, J.T. Denton. Survivors include her daughters, Brinda Michelson of Calhoun, Sheila Smith of Kodiak, Alaska, and Sharon Pearce of Winters, Calif; sisters, Frances Thomas of Athens, and Hazel Kyker of Adel, Ga.; five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren; and several nieces, nephews and other extended family. Her funeral service was held in the chapel of Bowers Funeral Home at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 15, with the Rev. Earl Graves officiating. Burial followed in Decatur Cemetery. Bowers Funeral Home of Decatur was honored to serve the Rothwell family. Go to www.bowersfh.com to sign the guest book and offer your condolences.
- November Elks Teens of the Month
- Pack Walk scheduled to benefit the MRHS
- Meigs Middle, ACMS ready for district tournament
- Tennessee Wesleyan swept at Milligan
- Former Lady Tiger Rogers named preseason All-SEC
- Charlize Theron thought daughter looked like a 'lizard'
- Tide's Jennings, Mayden show versatility working different positions at Senior Bowl
- Ranchers, landowners battle feds over conservation, property rights