Samuel Alan McConkey, 67, of Cottage Grove, passed away on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, at his residence. His body is to be cremated and a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12, at the home of Marc McConkey in Athens. Samuel McConkey was born on June 17, 1952 to the late Delbert McConkey and the late Opal Sims McConkey. He married Pat Callicott McConkey on March 10, 1979 and she survives in Cottage Grove. He is survived by his sons, Ian McConkey of Cottage Grove, and Ross (Dora Klink) McConkey of Knoxville; sisters, Becky Knutson of Fredericksburg, Va., and Sharon (Sonny) Bryson of Athens; brother, Dan (Linda) McConkey of Athens; niece, Tori McConkey of Athens; nephew, Marc (Christy) McConkey of Athens; and best friend, Randy “Spud” Jones of Athens. Mr. McConkey was a member of Antioch Baptist Church in Athens. Alan worked and retired as an industrial electrician and was an avid Tennessee Vols fan. He enjoyed his family and friends and especially loved the Tellico Mountains. McEvoy Funeral Home of Paris is in charge of arrangements.
- Margot Robbie wants dinner with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter hospitalised after 'accident at recess'
- Olly Murs' heart 'broken' following Caroline Flack death
- Vanessa Kirby and Callum Turner split
- Duchess Catherine: I want to appreciate the simple things
- Ewan McGregor joins the cast of Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio
- Nick Cannon: I don't believe in marriage anymore
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' in his previous relationship
- Catherine "Cathy" Cagle
- District tournament scenarios still sorting out
- Heather Michelle Weber
- H.R. Herman Ray "Popsie" Patterson
- John Bartly Jenkins
- Federal lawsuit filed against City of Athens for 'First Amendment retaliation'
- Police reports for Friday, Feb. 7, 2020
- Celia Verniece Hill Black
- Ronnie Franklin Fairbanks
- Betty Pickel Axley