IN THE JUVENILE COURT OF GREENE COUNTY STATE OF GEORGIA IN THE INTEREST OF: T.J.H.SEX: MAGE: 4DOB: 01/28/2015 CASE#: 066-2019-093 CHILD UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE. NOTICE OF SUMMONS & EFFECT OF TERMINATION JUDGMENT TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, Jessica Montgomery, Christopher Segars, John Paul Harrison, Sr. any and all unknown, legal, and biological fathers of the above-captioned child born to the Mother, Jessica Montgomery,and any person claiming to have a parental interest in T.J.H.: Pursuant to O.C.G.A., 15-11-284, Georgia law provides that you can permanently lose your rights as a parent. You are hereby notified that in the above-styled action, a petition to terminate parental rights has been filed requesting the court to terminate your parental rights to your child. YOU ARE HEREBY COMMANDED AND REQUIRED to appear before the Juvenile Court of Greene County, Georgia on November 15, 2019, at 8:30 a.m. at the Greene County Courthouse, Greensboro, Georgia. A copy of the petition to terminate parental rights, free of charge, shall be available to the parent(s) whose rights are sought to be terminated from the Clerk of the Juvenile Court at the Greene County Courthouse, Greensboro, Georgia, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 o'clock am until 5:00 o'clock p.m., exclusive of holidays. Upon request, the copy will be mailed to parent(s). The allegations concern abandonment, neglect, and failure to address dependency issues affecting your child. If you fail to appear, the court can terminate your rights in your absence. If at the end of the trial, the Court finds that the facts set out in the petition to terminate parental rights are true and that termination of your rights will serve the best interest of your child, the court can enter a judgment ending the rights to your child. If the judgment terminates your parental rights, you will no longer have any rights to your child. The effect of the termination order sought by the Petitioner is as outlined in O.C.G.A. 15-11-261 which means that you will not have the right to visit, contact, or have custody of your child or make any decisions affecting your child or your childs earnings or property. Your child will be legally freed to be adopted by someone else. However, even if your parental rights are terminated: (1) You will still be responsible for providing financial support (child support payments) for your childs care unless and until your child is adopted; (2) Your child can still inherit from you unless and until your child is adopted, and (3) Your child can still pursue any civil action against you. A parent is not entitled to notice of proceedings for the adoption of the child(ren) by another nor has he or she any right to object to the adoption or otherwise to participate in the proceedings. Pursuant to O.C.G.A 15-11-283(b), you are hereby put on notice that the biological father who is not the legal father may lose all rights to the child named in a petition brought pursuant to this article and will not be entitled to object to the termination of his rights to such child unless, within 30 days of receipt of notice, he files:(1) A petition to legitimate such child; and(2) Notice of the filing of the petition to legitimate with the court in which the termination of parental rights proceeding is pending. If you fail to file a Petition to Legitimate within thirty (30) days of your receipt of this notice; file a legitimation petition which is subsequently dismissed for failure to prosecute; or file a legitimation petition and the action is subsequently concluded without a court order declaring a finding that you are the legal father of the child, then this Court may enter an order terminating all your parental rights to the child. This is a very serious matter. You should contact an attorney immediately so that you can be prepared for the court hearing. You have the right to choose and hire an attorney and have him or her represent you. If you want a lawyer but are not able to hire a lawyer without undue financial hardship, you may ask for a lawyer to be appointed to represent you. The Court would inquire into your financial circumstances and if the Court finds you to be financially unable to hire a lawyer, then a lawyer will be appointed to represent you. If you want a lawyer appointed to represent you, you must let the Court or the officer of this Court handling this case know that you want a lawyer immediately. Whether or not you decide to hire an attorney, you have the right to attend the hearing in your case, to call witnesses on your behalf, and to question those witnesses brought against you. If you have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the telephone of the clerks office which is 706-453-3340. The foregoing Petition to Terminate Parental Rights is hereby approved to be filed in the best interests of the public and the child. WITNESS THE HONORABLE PHILIP B. SPIVEY, Judge of said Juvenile Court. This the 26thday of August, 2019. Deborah D. Jackson . CLERK, JUVENILE COURT OF GREENE COUNTY, GEORGIA Prepared by: Lee R. Moss Special Assistant Attorney General 288 South Main Street Madison, Georgia 30650 Tel: (706) 707-8500 Fax: (706) 342-0447 Publication Dates: August 30, September 6, 13, & 20, 2019


Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.